8 Tips to Choose the Best Mobile App Development Company
"Most of the tips you’ll find when it comes to choosing a mobile app development company will have to do with the reputation, professionalism, and completed works of the company. This is where Designfy really shines".
Having a million-dollar idea but lacking the means to bring it to life is such a common issue these days. So, are you trying to choose the best mobile app development company to provide you with technical requirements to kickstart your business? If so, you’re in the right place. In this article, I’ll tell you the most important tips that help you choose a company that suits your business needs and meets the technical requirements in order to optimize resources without compromising quality. Hang on tight and let’s delve into it!
8 Tips to Choose the Best Mobile App Development Company
1. Determine What Your Business Aims to Achieve with the Mobile AppBefore you get down to the nitty gritty of mobile app development, it’s important that you have a clear idea of what you want to achieve with the app. Is it delivering a better learning experience? Online shopping and delivery? Successful and uninterrupted streaming? There has to be an end goal that you define clearly, not only to yourself, but also to the mobile app developer. This is also going to be the standard on which you’ll base your progress and success in the long run.
2. Check Out the Portfolio of the Mobile App Development CompanyNaturally, the best way to predict the level of professionalism, accuracy, and execution you’ll be getting from the company is to check what it has done for others before you. This is why the portfolio is the most important page to check out. You can find it in the “Our Work”, “Case Studies”, or “Portfolio” sections of the company’s website. Make sure the company is clear and transparent about their previous work, and that they allow you to view it in-depth in order for you to be able to make the call. Naturally, the more projects that the company has worked on, the better that they would be able to work on yours. Their experience on what would work and what wouldn’t in order to achieve your end goal is a crucial pillar, and having made actual projects before makes the company more reliable in the advice they give you.
3. Go Through Their Reviews, Feedback, and Ask ReferencesFirstly, reviewing case studies is an excellent way to gauge just how professional the app development company you choose is. This enables you to estimate how successful your pitch can be with the company you choose. On the other hand, checking out feedback and reviews from clients helps you understand the reputation the company builds for itself. Knowing the strengths and weaknesses of the company you choose goes a long way when it comes to getting the best out of it.
4. Read Into Their App Development Options'Naturally, there are various types of apps that a company can develop, including Android app development, iOS app development, or fully-designed or custom apps with personalization. Of course, your target audience plays a huge role in this area, as well as how much competition you’re willing to stand up against. For example, Android apps come in a dozen, amounting to up to 2.57 million apps in the Google Play Store. On the other hand, the Apple App Store has 1.84 million. As for the lowest competition, the Windows Store has 669 thousand apps, while the Amazon Appstore only has 489 thousand. You might also want to look into cross-platform app development if you’re going to venture into both markets, progressive web app development, and hybrid app development.
5. Choose a Company with Excellent Delivery ManagementDeveloping an app is a lengthy and complicated process, full of technical jargon that your average non-technical user probably wouldn’t understand. This is why some companies don’t keep clients posted, thinking that they’re sparing them the technical talk, and of course, sparing themselves from the explanations that aren’t always quite easy. However, a good app development company will keep you posted with updates regarding the progress of your app and its development cycle. Especially that one little mistake or delay with the delivery schedule could cause a domino effect and have a huge impact on the project’s deadline. If you’ve had any work with app development companies, you’ll certainly have gone through the hassle of delaying the launch of an app or some of the features due to the unplanned mishaps that force you to postpone. That’s why you should seek out companies with reliable delivery management, which you can gauge from the conversation with their personnel as well as checking out their reviews.
6. Make a Verdict Based on the UI and UX DesignIf you’re choosing a company that will develop your apps and help you represent yourself to the world, it only makes sense that you choose one that represents itself in an extraordinary way. Make sure you’re getting a smooth and intuitive UX and that you approve of the UI. After all, this is how your own customer or clients would be feeling about your app when the company at hand develops it for you. How many times have you stopped using an app with excellent utility because navigating it was complicated or because its design was just dreadful? As a matter of fact, the following statistics might make the picture clearer:
- Studies show that every $1 you invest in UI/UX design will return $100 in revenue. I.e: You get a 9,900% ROI!
- 85% of users think that a company’s mobile app and website should exceed the desktop one in quality.